[aprssig] D710 Scanning stops on TX

Richard Amirault ramirault at verizon.net
Wed Oct 17 13:35:05 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Carver"

> Easy, they just pick a repeater and I'll hear them.
> As I said, I'm scanning ALL the repeaters I can hear
> from my location.  So if someone just randomly chooses
> a repeater, I'll hear them unless I'm actively talking
> to someone elsewhere in which case they'll hear me
> over on that repeater.
(snip)

I don't understand why you think this would work. Or maybe I don't
understand what you mean by "scanning".

If you are scanning and during the scan the radio stops for a few seconds on
channel X (because somone is using the machine) and at the same time someone
calls you on channel Y ... how do you hear them?

Richard Amirault
Boston, MA, USA
http://n1jdu.org
http://bostonfandom.org