[aprssig] Latest on UIVIEW/GO-32/D7

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Oct 16 12:05:43 EDT 2007

The GO-32 is eath-pointing stabilized.  So it also has a hole
strraight down, so little you can do on the ground to improve
performance above say 70 degrees.  And it is there only 2% of
the time, so not worth giving up performance everywhere else to
have gain where it is not needed.
Bob, WB4APR

Yes/now.  Eggbeater will have coverage in the hole, but because
it is circular polariszed, it is giving up 3 dB of performance
everywhere else...