[aprssig] Need EPROM Burned

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Oct 8 01:14:35 EDT 2007

Yeah, it's easy to read and clone an EPROM.  I'm assuming if you have
the two TNCs that came with the ROM, the manufacturer couldn't really
complain.

I do have a stockpile of 27C256's, one-time programmable types since
it's not worth shipping them back and forth to be erased.  They're free
for UIDIGI users, $5 for any other hex code you want burned.

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=24

If you need one, order now 'cuz I'm out of here on Tuesday morning and
won't be back until the middle of next week.  My lovely assistant Tory
will be packing all of the orders she can, but running the EPROM burner
isn't something she's learned yet, and its mangled English prompts
aren't exactly self-explanatory.  ('Slowness' is one of the speeds, a
box simply marked 'Yes' starts the programming...)

Scott
N1VG