[aprssig] Need EPROM Burned

Ray McKnight shortsheep at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 7 22:11:56 EDT 2007

I have two PK-232MBX's but one is missing the EPROM.

Is it possible to read the hex image from the EPROM I have

To burn a 2nd EPROM?  If not, I found a firmware image but

It might not be as new as the one I have, but probably will

Still be okay, so if I find a 27256 chip is there someone who

Can burn it for me?  The TNC just isn't worth spending $50+

For a new chip from Timewave.  I can order a chip on eBay for

About $6 or maybe you have a stockpile you can sell one cheaper?
Gee, am I asking for a lot ;-)  Once I get these two TNC's ready

(new backup batteries need soldered in) I'll be offering them for

sale on the list.  They're excess for me.  P.S. if someone wants

one of these for a DIGI speak NOW before I waste someone's

time as you'll probably want specific EPROM's other than the

original AEA.

Ray - WB3ABN

Kingston, WA