[aprssig] google maps

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Oct 7 15:16:03 EDT 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 10:21 AM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

> Anyone got any suggestions for using google maps (offline) in
> xastir?  I could do a series of screen shots and stich them
> together but that's kinda tedious.

Unfortunately Google's terms don't allow you to use their maps
outside their application. People do, and code was posted to the SIG
not long ago to grab tiles and stitch them together. The legal way to
do it would be to create local web pages using the Gmap API that are
displayed in the browser.

Steve K4HG