[aprssig] SCOUTS to RF

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Fri Oct 5 18:32:07 EDT 2007

The problem with this concept is that most "pass-to-RF" lists in IGates
are for stations of -origin-, not message -destination- stations.  This
is by design since an IGate is supposed to only gate to RF messages
destined for a station heard on RF and not heard directly on APRS-IS.
This also prevents people from abusing local RF environments by sending
broadcast messages which would be gated to all RF networks.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL