[aprssig] APRS resolution

Jason kg4wsv kg4wsv at mac.com
Fri Oct 5 11:23:13 EDT 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 10:12 AM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Most maps are no where near that resolution,

The maps may not be, but some of the devices are.  There have been a
couple of times where I used an APRS waypoint plotted on my GPS to
locate a balloon payload that was hidden by the landscape.  An extra
digit of resolution would have helped.

You'd be amazed how easy it is to lose a white box with orange duct
tape - for instance, when it lands in a red clay field full of
blooming cotton. (:  I gave up looking and just walked toward the
waypoint my D7 had plotted on the GPS to find it.

-Jason
kg4wsv