[aprssig] Dupe Checking....

Steve Bragg steve at hamhud.net
Thu Oct 4 20:56:40 EDT 2007

Keith VE7GDH asked,

 > What devices (other than the D700) currently do "proportional pathing" as
 > you describe it at the following page:
 > www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/aprs12.html

Not exactly as described, but HamHUD II (rev 2.8 and above) implements
Proportional Pathing.  I combined it with SmartBeaconing thusly: when
above the "high speed" threshold (usually highway speeds), and the
Proportional Pathing option is enabled in the SmartBeaconing options,
HamHUD will send all high-rate posits to a direct path.  However, all
corner-pegs (required to maintain a cogent track) continue to be sent to
the selected TX path, which defaults to the recommended WIDE2-2.

73,

Steve Bragg KA9MVA
www.hamhud.net