[aprssig] Dupe Checking....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 4 09:40:52 EDT 2007

> So does this mean that you no longer have a
> problem with Smart Beaconing since it meets the
> requirement of being able to be set to
> average no more than one packet per minute
> (or one packet every 2 hours if the operator prefers).

I don't think I ever had a problem with smart beaconing when set
properly.  My concern was always for when it was set up badly.
I was hoping that limits could be placed in the software
implementations of it to kind of "watch over the users shoulder"
and help him not make settings that would appear to be excessive
on the network.

Something like that.

Bob, WB4APR