[aprssig] Assessing the local network by ear...

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Oct 4 01:51:09 EDT 2007

Bob WB4APR wrote...

>  Now if the operators of those trackers were listening to the
> other 5 pinging away on voice alert, then they would hear all
> the racket and wonder what was making all the noise.

Ah... I get it now. Mind you, I'd be very surprised if newbies would have
been in the loop enough to know about Voice Alert. It would certainly be an
interesting conversation listening in on the half a dozen of them all
talking to each other at the same time!

> Again, receiving APRS while mobile and listening to what is
> happening on the channel in my immediate vicinity is important
> to me.

I had the house to myself for a good chunk of today. Needless to say, I had
the volume turned up on a 144.390 radio listening while I was working away
on other things. Yes, you can learn a lot just listening.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH