[aprssig] Re: Assessing the local network by ear...

Mark Fellhauer sparkfel at qwest.net
Thu Oct 4 00:20:51 EDT 2007

At 09:03 PM 10/3/2007, Robert Bruninga wrote:

>The scenario I read from the post was that there were about a
>half dozen or so new trackers in his area with apparent
>misconfigured settings.  With beacons seeming as short as every
>10 seconds or so.

OMG, not just misconfigurations.  Do some people ever listen to their own
radios?  Here in San Diego we have some of the sickliest sounding packets
being transmitted.   Someone close to me in the San Marcos area has a radio
that makes a loud "dunk" noise every time it keys up which probably masks
the entire packet preamble.   It's been this way for years.  I bet this
person wonders why he never gets digipeated.  There's another one that
sounds like a dying cricket.

Mark
KC7BXS