[aprssig] Wanted: small battery powered non-display GPS

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Tue Nov 27 13:44:47 EST 2007

I often hike with my D7. When I'm going on a trail I don't know, I am
happy to take along my Garmin eTrex. But when I am on a familiar trail,
I would rather have a small battery powered GPS that doesn't need a
display, and simply anchor it to the top of my pack.

I'm thinking about something like the new Deluo units ... but with a
built in battery, or at least able to be powered from a AA or two.

Does such a thing exist? Seems like the common Li-ion batteries from
cell phones would be a very good match.

73 de chris K6DBG