[aprssig] Re: Puxing PX-777

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Nov 8 00:14:00 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Scott Miller wrote:

> And this, by the way, is why you haven't seen the PX-777 marketed as such in
> the US:
>
> http://www.infinitygearradios.com/product_P-1000V.htm
>
> They've got an exclusive distribution agreement, and they're sold under the
> Infinity brand for about $230.

   So if they've got an exclusive distribution arrangement, how did you
manage to get an import license???

   And I guess I'm not up on current FCC regs.  I thought the FCC frowned
upon any tranciever able to function on frequencies of more than one
service.  If this thing is really that broadbanded, does one need a
license in every service that it spans in order to legally own one?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin