[aprssig] Sometimes it's just funny

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun May 27 20:49:10 EDT 2007

John KC5ZRQ wrote...

> Check out the path for http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=W5WHT-7

I thought that station was a truck (18 wheeler?) the other day. Today,
W5WHT-7 is a digipeater, but still using a stupid path for it's own beacons,
but it looks like he is down to five hops from the ten he was trying for the
other day. I see that W5WHT is a digi at the same location. As near as I
can see, it is also using a five hop path including a WIDE1-1 near the
beginning of the path. Maybe it's in-breeding between W5WHT-7 and
W5WHT. At least being on the coast it limits propagation to a 180
degree arc instead of 360 degrees.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH