[aprssig] Sometimes it's just funny

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri May 25 22:48:28 EDT 2007

John KC5ZRQ wrote...

> Whoa! Don't even try to talk to these guys. Even if you are as
> polite as possible they will take offense and start chewing you a
> new a**hole.

I've had pretty good success contacting people in my vicinity and suggesting
changes when I have seen overly agressive beaconing or stupid or obsolete
paths. I'm sure that not everyone will be so resceptive to suggestions, but
if nothiing is done, his ridiculous path will continue to be used. An
alternative might be for every digi in the vicinity to block his call until
he realized something wasn't working - hi! However, that would take a lot of
cooperation and might not be so easy to do either.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH