[aprssig] GPS attachment for Kenwood TH-D7?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Sat May 26 13:47:10 EDT 2007

On May 26, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> A GPS18 is small and light enough that you could Velco it to the
> back of a TH-D7, and steal power directly from the battery pack
> terminals

Just remember that once you cut the cigarette lighter plug off a
GPS18PC, you then have a GPS18LVC.  The regulator is inside the
lighter plug.  Such an arrangement would need +5V voltage regulation.

I have an expensive paperweight on my desk becasue a student group
didn't realize this, and fec unregulated +15 or so into an 18PC.

-Jason
kg4wsv