[aprssig] I almost understand WIDEn-N

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Sat May 26 11:38:48 EDT 2007

That is an easy one.  Both n values should always be identical.  There is
only one exception and that is for a tracker the path is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 so
that the path is still limited to only two hops.

The reason for both of them to be identical is so that the receiving station
can tell how many hops that signal took to get to them.

The recommended path for a home station in our Pacific Northwest Network is
just a plain WIDE2-2 and for a mobile it is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info