[aprssig] Off APRS for a while

Charles Doughtie n5exy at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 20:31:57 EDT 2007

DO isayagain DO consider yourself fortunate. I was
standing in my carport about 20 feet from an antenna
when I experienced the nasty stuff about 20 years
ago. It took out a lot of electronics and blew the
coil apart on the antenna, but no people. There are
two types of hamshacks - those that have been struck
and those that will be. I have moved since then, so
I'm in a new shack that will be, I suppose. The
insurance claim was a hassle, but they were fair.

73,
Charlie, N5EXY,
South Suburban Greater Hutto, Texas

--- Hasan Schiers <schiers at netins.net> wrote:

> Lightning killed 4 computers, my TS-2000, D700,
> ALS-600 HF amp and satellite

           etc etc etc