[aprssig] The new D710 and Smart Beaconing?

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Thu May 24 17:01:24 EDT 2007

My Kenwood has as program 1 with a status of "on duty" and beaconing
every 3 minutes, In program 2 are identical settings except the
status is "off duty" and the beacon rate is 30 minutes. When I pull
up and park someplace I hit the Program button and select 2. We own 3
D700's all three have me in program slots 1 and 2 and   my wife is in
program 5 on the road and program 4 parked, all under her callsign.
Program 3 is mycallsign with digipeater enabled.  More or less idiot
proof and network friendly!

---
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
   <http://www.wulfden.org/TheShoppe.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power Conditioner Kit
       Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and Connectors
       Propeller Robot Controller         SX48 "Tech Board" Kit