[aprssig] The new D710 and Smart Beaconing?

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 00:08:14 EDT 2007

Possibly a better algorithm would be to have it beacon *less* frequently if
it heard its own packet digipeated (to ease up on channel congestion),
*unless* it hears very little traffic overall.  If the channel is lightly
loaded, then increasing the frequency of the beacon will not hurt, and it is
more likely that you are in a more remote area where it may take a few tries
to get a packet through unscathed.

Just a thought.

Greg  KO6TH