[aprssig] The new D710 and Smart Beaconing?

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Wed May 23 14:06:23 EDT 2007

What I've considred doing is similar, but instead of an absolute distance from your last beacon it'd be distance from your dead-reckoned position based on the last beacon.  It'd be particularly useful with clients like Xastir that do dead reckoning - you'd always know that the tracked station isn't further than a certain distance from its displayed position.

It just happens to take a little more math than I want to squeeze into the OpenTracker.  Maybe I'll do it in the Tracker2.

Scott
N1VG
  _____