[aprssig] APRS Digi "Live" CD?

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Wed May 23 12:22:35 EDT 2007

Hi..

I looked at Knoppix and Hamshack Hack etc, on two ocasions.  The second
time was a big improvement on the first, but overall  v e r y  s l o w
to boot, even on a 1.8 GHz machine with stacks of memory, and a 52X CD
rom drive, not the sort of thing you can stick on a rack shelf on a
remote site, but I've not ditched it as there is other stuff on there of
interest, if I can get it to run OK...  I've never got Xastir to run on
that, despite it suposedly being "setup bar the callsigns and maps".

Cheers.

	Dave 'WBX.

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk