[aprssig] Dayton 2007 - APRS Manifesto

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 21 18:46:05 EDT 2007

> The 2007 Dayton Hamvention APRS forum on Saturday...
> had an overflow crowd of around 250.

For what it is worth, I have attempted to summarize my Dayton
remarks in the following web page. (consider it a work in
progress)...

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/manifesto.html

In contrast to APRS "events", my emphasis was on routine APRS
operations.  I am tired of looking at maps of  houses and cars
with nothing going on.  Also while traveling, I am tired of
seeing nothing of any local value on my Mobile APRS radio or
HAMhud displays nor any way to communicate with those icons.

For what it's worth...

Bob, WB4APR