[aprssig] planes and ham radio

Amir Findling sarlabs at twcny.rr.com
Fri May 18 11:00:16 EDT 2007

When flying, I put a small piece of plastic between the battery and the
radio's contact points so the radio cannot be turned on inadvertently,
yet can easily be used to show TSA folks it is working. I've flown with
many toys in my on-board bag and never had any problems. I hate the
thought of it coming on, squelch off and have luggage whose stomach is
growling...

73' de Amir K9CHP Member ARRL, AMSAT #36083
Cayuga County Highland SAR www.highlandsar.org <http://www.highlandsar.org/>
1st Special Response Group www.1srg.org <http://www.1srg.org>
Apprentice Tracker Joel Hardin Professional Tracking Services
http://www.jhardin-inc.com