[aprssig] California roadtrip - height limits

Dale Blanchard wa7ixk at earthlink.net
Sun May 13 23:25:27 EDT 2007

John Gleichweit wrote:

> The 13'6" limit is pretty much universal across the US for non-permit
> loads. All of the bridges on the numbered highways in CA have been
> measured and have clearance signs posted.

That is until the repave it with 6 inches of top layer and do not repost it.
A friend got a loader stuck under one.
They had been using the same truck and loader for years under the same
overpass.
The state paid for the damage.
My 102 inch CB whip was over the limit, so I put on a shorter one.
I do not scrape the gas station canopies anymore.
Most gas station canopies where I live will pass a legal truck.

Dale