[aprssig] Xastir on OS X

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 13:45:07 EDT 2007

I'm not an expert at xastir either, but the next step is to configure the
maps.  Browse around under the map chooser for something that works for your
area; they're all on-line and some take a bit of time to download, so be
patient.  With the default zoom, none seem to show any detail.  I run my
zoom at 1024 or less usually.

About the only thing I don't care for with xastir is that the map system is
slow for loading, panning, zooming, etc, but there are a lot to choose from.
  You also seem to need to be on-line whenever you change anything, because
it runs off to download things again.  There's probably a way to load things
ahead of time, but since we have a dsl-like service I haven't bothered to
figure out how.

Good luck,

Greg  KO6TH