[aprssig] Limitations of D700a

KEVIN KIBBE kkibbe at rogers.com
Thu May 10 22:46:43 EDT 2007

Thanks very much for the comments thus far everyone. From what I have read the only bad thing about the d700a is the fact you cant flash it. It's a shame but that is such a big strike against it. Even if Kenwood were the only ones who could update it I'd be much happier about it. The way Garmin does updates works VERY well. As it is I believe I will buy one. As has been said I can always add a HamHUD V or something like it in the future.

The HamHUD V does sound cool, I did realize that they wouldn't be available at Dayton this year, just that I would be able to see a sample of what it can do.

I haven't been active on APRS other that "listening" on RF and TCPIP from time to time.

Take care,
Kevin
VA3SU