[aprssig] APRS and the Interstates

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 9 13:25:49 EDT 2007

> --- Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> > The biggest bang for the buck is the Interstates.
> > ... serve the traveling ham community where they
> > need it most.
>
> On that note, I live 10 miles from Interstate with a
> Digi right along it.....What would you like to see as
> your traveling down Interstate?
> What objects, etc would be beneficial?

Absolutely, the locally reecommended travelers voice repeater
for that area.  The packet/object should be direct and appear as
an object with the FREQUENCY as the object name so that it
appears right there in the list of nearby objects on the radio
front panel.

Please see how to do it:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

Bob, WB4APR