[aprssig] W0APR-3 down....

Jim Duncan jdbandman at earthlink.net
Mon May 7 23:37:33 EDT 2007

Today I tried to remote access the APR-3 digipeater to check the
programming of the TNC (after Jerome's blast-mail). The digi is not
responding nor have I captured any beacons from it today.

I have to assume that the digi probably took a lightning hit during the
severe storms here over the past several days. I am planning a run-out
to the site for late Tuesday to assess the damage (if any) and try to
get it back on the air if at all possible. I suspect that since the
radio on site is an off-the-shelf consumer Yaesu rig that it has
probably just died by now as it has been in "temporary service" for
nearly a year while trying to get the commerical radio replaced!
--
73 de Jim, KU0G