[aprssig] DIGI_NED 0.3.9

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Sun May 6 16:43:56 EDT 2007

Hello,

Here is an update to DIGI_NED, version 0.3.9. DIGI_NED works fine
everywhere and since adding the AGWPE interface it is more or less
finished work.

Last week a bug report surfaced, the longitude degree value of the
stations position were all zero. This is code that has been in DIGI_NED
for years. It turns out that there is a bug in that code that is only
visible when using the new GCC 4.x compiler. So that is what's fixed
now.

Note that this bug didn't only affect the stations position conversion,
but any conversion of ASCII positions. When this doesn work the
DX function is useless.

Now that I'm making a new package I also made some changes to the
digi_new.ini sample rule file for the new paradigm. High hopcounts
are not longer converted but are now ignored.

I posted the source and binaries to my website:

http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~pe1dnn

The floppy configuration has not changed, this version brings nothing new
for DOS, so it doesn't make sense to update the floppy at this time.

I did not update the Cygwin binary, that one whas compiled with an older
GCC and doesn't show the problem.

Here are the changes to DIGI_NED itself from the Changes.txt file:

Changes.txt

06-05-2007 version 0.3.9
- With the new GCC 4.x compiler a bug in extracting the location surfaced
   that was not noticable with older compilers. I have not seen the problem
   with DOS or Cygwin either, but is is definately a bug. This was found
   by Josh, AB9FT. Thanks Josh for reporting it!
- Changed digi_new.ini, the rulefile for the new paradigm. It does not
   convert high hopcount WIDEn-N to their WIDE2-N equivalent but ignores
   high hopcount WIDEn-N paths now.

APRS[tm] is a Trademark of Bob Bruninga,
his home page is at "http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html"

Kind regards,

Henk.