[aprssig] Objects on APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 1 11:27:04 EDT 2007

The way it is supposed to work (I think) is that the IRLP and
the ECHO link "systems" centrally put out objects into the
APRS-IS.  From there, any local Igate is supposed to know those
IRLP's and ECHO link nodes in their immediate area and put them
in the special gate-to-RF list.   If this is not how it is
working, can someone summarize it for all of us?  Thanks Bob

Goforth
> Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 1:10 AM
> To: n7vr at arrl.net; TAPR APRS Mailing List
> Subject: RE: [aprssig] Objects on APRS
>
> One thing that can be an option though is to contact your
nearby iGate
> operator and request that they push the posit out for you.
>
> Here in the Palm Springs, CA area, my iGate (K6KIT-11) watches
for the
> IRLP3180 (AK6E-15) and pushes it out via a single hop through
> the local
> digi (INDIO).
>
> Eric J. Goforth, N6GOF
> www.APRSDEPOT.com

Fuller (N7VR)
> Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 11:29 AM
> To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org
> Cc: nwaprssig at nwaprs.info
> Subject: [aprssig] Objects on APRS
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like to remind everyone that IRLP, Voice Repeater,
> Etc. Objects
> that
> are put on an APRS Gateway node are great. But to put them
> out when your
> only connection is to the APRS-IS system is counter
productive. I have

http://www.mtares.org