[aprssig] APRS Standardized EOC tactical Calls

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jun 20 17:37:47 EDT 2007

> Here is a link to county codes...:
> http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/co-codes/states.htm

Thanks Steve!
Then we could use pre-defined tactical calls of XXXnnn-#
For County EOC in County number nnn in ARRL section XXX.
The County EOC would be -1, and we could define what the other
15 SSID's might mean.

But at least if our County EOC in Anne Arundal County Maryland,
used the callsign of MDC003-1 then anyone anywhere at any time
that needed to get a message into our County could address it
that way on APRS and it would get here.

QUESTION:  Are there any ARRL sections that cross multiple
states?  Such that there would be a conflic in County numbers?
MarylandDC section does have a conflict according to the table
above.
In that The District of Columbia and Anne Arundel County
Maryland both have the county code of 001.  But for purposes of
this list, maybe DC001 wouild be for WashDC and MD001 would be
for AA County.

I like ARRL sections instead of states, since some states are so
big...

Bob