[aprssig] Re: APRS in the North East (Robert Bruninga)

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:45:20 EDT 2007

On 6/19/07, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> I will list you as the Connecticut APRS CZAR and add it to my web page (yet to be written) that shows all the states that have implemented the local repeater info Initiative.  I hope to list all of the "recommended voice repeaters" for each state and the digi that is transmitting them.

Czar is exactly what it is too.  We had a self-appointed czar (or
small group, I'm not sure which) which dictated the "recommended
settings" for the entire state, not taking into account local
anomalies.  When I tried to work with them to help them understand the
local anomalies they still stuck to their "recommended settings" for
the entire state.  In the end we ended up (or at least I did) ignoring
them due to the fact that they weren't willing to work with the rest
of the state.

While I understand that you're looking for someone to make
recommendations and help get everyone up to speed, it seems like the
end result will be the same.  People are very sensitive when told what
to do with their personal setups and how to do it - VERY FEW people
out there have the proper tact to get things done.