[aprssig] TE923W Weather Station

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 7 11:16:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Stan, KC7EHJ wrote:

> Did some surfing and it seems that a lot of people like it, but it only
> has USB interface for the software/computer and that it does not keep
> any historical weather data per this link
> http://thetechpages.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=55

For what it's worth, the Dallas Semiconductor weather station is
even worse:  It doesn't put out any data unless you query it plus it
has no "smarts" to keep any historical data.  It's basically a
string of sensors along a long line.  We support that in Xastir but
it's a bit more of a pain than others 'cuz we have to poll it
regularly and keep track of the historical data ourselves.

So...  That said, the above info about the TE923W doesn't make it a
show-stopper, but it does make it slightly more difficult to
support.  Means more code yet.