[aprssig] findU Messages

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Thu Jul 19 22:00:37 EDT 2007

Steve Dimse wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2007, at 4:08 PM, Richard Nicholas Piper IV wrote:
>
>> On 7/19/07, Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com> wrote:
>> You tried to hold NOAA's feed of weather data hostage in an attempt
>> to increase your power. You failed, people now see you for what you
>> are, just go away.
>> I would agree with Mr. Dimse that you all from T2 APRS need to just
>> go away and leave the CORE folks alone.
>
> Actually, that was not what I said. I only told Phil to go away,
> because he is trying to pick a fight here on the SIG.  I will defend
> the core against false claims made by him or anyone else, but I am not
> telling any other T2 people to go away. Just Phil, he is the one
> trying to restart a battle long lost.
>
> Personally, I consider T2 nodes superfluous, but as long as their
> sysops are not making false and misleading claims about themselves or
> the core, I do not object to their existence.

Of course, Steve, you are ignoring my original point.  Your two targeted
messages on your findU pages are misleading and false!  T2 has never
given up its support of CWOP or any other connections.  I will say again
that it was at your request that the dedicated CWOP servers were shut
down.  That was yours and yours alone to handle.  We had been requested
by the NOAA folks to keep our servers up, but in our attempt to appease
you, we did exactly what you asked.  And the whole thing fell apart!
Interesting...

No fight is trying to be picked here by me.  I also didn't mention
anything about the core servers and their sysops.  So before any of you
jump on your keyboards that are soaked with your salivation at a
possible attempt to try and discredit our service, reread my original
post and comment on the two rediculous, false, and insensitive messages
that are being tagged on a supposedly public database.

Thanks!
73
Phil - AD6NH