[aprssig] APRS Wiki vandalism

ka8vit at ka8vit.com ka8vit at ka8vit.com
Thu Jul 5 15:30:15 EDT 2007

Hi Eric,

I haven't seen *any* Wiki yet that hasn't been messed up
by vandals or those just adding incorrect information.

Most schools do not allow their use as a resource for just
these very reasons.

I understand the not having the time issue...  but it just
reinforces my point.

Keeping good information good...  takes time and effort.

I don't have the answer...  I just know it's not a Wiki.

I wish you good good luck.

73

Bill  KA8VIT

Bill,
Actually a wiki is a GREAT way to get the information out there to the masses.
Not all of us have the time to do what Bob does with his web pages (I'm still
trying to catch up to him with documenting my ideas) but we should all be able
to help document APRS knowledge and one easy way to do that is with a wiki.

The problem is that not all wikis are the same.  Some have additional security
features in them that allow better control over the content.  MediaWiki is an
excellent example of this.  Please don't just all wikis by what we have seen
with this one.

73s,
Eric W4OTN