[aprssig] APRS Wiki vandalism

Eric H Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Thu Jul 5 15:38:10 EDT 2007

I have quite a few that haven't been messed with.  Again, it is all in how you set them up.

Most schools don't have the money or the knowledge on how to properly secure any of their IT resources.  They also have certain federal laws that they have to follow that usually deals with information access restrictions.  I know of at least ten that are out in an educational setting that have never been messed with and I know that the DoD uses wikis as well.  It is all in the security of the system and of the software.  Nothing is fool proof but there are ways to harden your system.

By the way, you can attack a website just as easily if security precautions aren't in place.  Just surf on over to the ISC and they will show you a history of websites that get hacked on a regular basis.  It isn't just wikis...

73s,
Eric W4OTN