[OZAPRS] [aprssig] THD7AG and TCP/IP over radio

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 16:45:06 EDT 2007

Andrew Rich wrote:
> See what we have is a web based event scoring system.
>
> At the moment the back end just 'sniffs' on RF for a stream of characters
> from a remote site to put into the database.
>
> I am thinking that it is possible to serve / surf over packet but the
> payload vs that of simple one liners is far greater.
>
> Will play and get back
>
> Cheers
>
> Is there an "messaging only" aprs application around ?
>

> -

UI-Instant Messenger

(available here:
     <http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/addon_agw.htm#uim>

will operate either as a UIview plug-in,
or standalone connected directly to the Internet,
or standalone over-the-air via AGW packet engine with a a TNC or
soundcard.

As a plug-in to UIview, it is superior to the UIview built-in messaging
function, since it properly implements the decaying retry rate algorithm
for unacked APRS messages that UIview's own message function lacks.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps