[aprssig] Viewpoint+, Web based APRS program with 2-way APRS messaging.

BH brent.hildebrand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 21:04:41 EDT 2007

I've posted a new program I'm experimenting with which I call Viewpoint+.
The program current connects to the APRS/IS and parses the data stream.
Users can connect to Viewpoint+ using a web browser.  If you put Viewpoint+
on the Internet, that means you can have access to the program from just
about anywhere.  Viewpoint+ allows for the sending and receiving of APRS
messages.  Users connecting to Viewpoint+ are asked for their Callsign and
an operator supplied login passcode.  Thus you have control of who uses your
system.

Brief documentation about the program can be downloaded here:
ftp://ftp.tapr.org/aprssig/winstuff/aprsplus/Viewpoint+.pdf

The program itself can be downloaded here:
ftp://ftp.tapr.org/aprssig/winstuff/aprsplus/Viewpoint+Setup0723.exe

The program does require an installation registration number which I will
supply when you ask for it by email.  This number is used to validate the
program to the APRS/IS.

Note: Viewpoint+ currently does not parse weather data, and does not decode
Citizen's weather stations.

Note2: Viewpoint+ is experimental.  It may be withdrawn at any time.
Features may change or removed, and not be compatible with older versions.

Comments are welcome.  Please put Viewpoint in the subject of any email
correspondence.  Also include what version number you are using.

Brent Hildebrand, KH2Z