[SPAM] RE: [aprssig] UIview Digiepater add-on

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Fri Jan 26 15:54:41 EST 2007

Robert Bruninga wrote:
> the digi.  In Europe a lot of the digis are well situated home
> stations that are running Uiview as the local digipeater.

hmm what part of europe?? ;o)

I think DIGI-NED and UI-DIGI is used a lot in Norway.
The digis i know all uses TNC or AGWTracker or similar. This because the
montain is not easy to reach in winter etc.

Home stations or other QTH is probably running i.e ui-view , AGWDigi.
But i really dont think a PC is stable enough to run perfectly 24/7/365
without som kind of watchdog

But people living in a perfect QTH already using APRS with some client
then UI-View is perfect acting as a digi.
> And as it stands, you cannot TX a local -direct-no-hop- object
> from Uiview unless you change your entire station to no hops for
> anything.  So Jan suggested an add-on for Uiview that will send
> these local voice repeater object packets DIRECT only,

So the plugin should use WIDE1-1 or NOHOP as a path? :o)
AGWTracker uses QRT as a method to "drop" packets so that its not been
digied.

LA3QMA
Kai Gunter