[aprssig] Weather station path?

Art KY1K at verizon.net
Sat Feb 10 17:29:36 EST 2007

I have a newly assembled K0RX weather station, which is a stand alone
station. It generates the packet tones and sends them to an
attenuator so they can be fed directly into a transmitter. I am
running QRP, so hopefully it won't cause to much QRM.

I've tested it, it talks to the RS232 port just fine, so the
barometric pressure calibration is complete. It needs only to be
interfaced to a 2 meter HT through the external microphone connector.

It will transmit on 144.39 Mhz.

But, I need to know what path to program in. I know it's been
discussed here, but because I'm new, I'm not quite sure whether the
advice I got from a local I found on findu.com is correct.

  I was told to use an unproto path of RELAY, WIDE2-2.

I'd like it to be digipeated locally, and to go through enough digi's
so that it makes the nearest internet gateway (wherever that is). I
do find other locals making the interent gateway, but they use some
very off paths, none of which are the same. And, I'm not quite sure
what's right and what isn't.

I think the biggest issue I can remember from previous discussions
here is that the RELAY path should not be used at all.

Can someone who has more experience suggest what path I should be
using please (Central Maine, USA).

Thanks,

Art