[aprssig] Help setting up a new TM-D710 for APRS

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Dec 27 14:17:47 EST 2007

> He has the GPS hooked up and... the display does
> blink "GPS" this would indicate the GPS is
> sending and the radio is receiving the data from
> the GPS.  Problem is there is no data in the
> transmitted packets.

Unfortunately, your last sentence is quite ambiguous.  If it is like the D700, then it will not even transmit unless it has a valid position data.  So your sentnece is self contridictory.  Unless it only transmits text messages but not position?

What do you mean by "data"?  The position data is not hukman readable. Maybe it is there and you might be expecting something else?

We can help, if you give us more info.  Like, what does the packet it transmits look like?

thanks
Bob, WB4APR