[aprssig] Help setting up a new TM-D710 for APRS

Shanon KA8SPW ka8spw at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 24 10:15:54 EST 2007

Hello List,

  I need to set up a 710 for a friend.  I don't have the time to read
the manuals and play with the settings.  He has the GPS hooked up and he
tells me the display does blink "GPS" this would indicate the GPS is
sending and the radio is receiving the data from the GPS.  Problem is
there is no data in the transmitted packets.  He is only going to be
here for a few days, that is why I need the complete set up for the
710.  I don't have the time window to check one command then another,
then another, etc.   I have searched past emails to no avail.  Is it
posted somewhere?

Can someone just copy their command list and send me a copy please.

He has gone over the settings a number of times and is now suspecting
the radio is defective.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Shanon KA8SPW