[aprssig] Weather Bulletins for Central/South Central PA

DL3 timelord64 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:21:37 EST 2007

Let me clairify a bit: I have actually have two stations running at
different locations. N3QBI is my home station, which sometimes runs
UIVIEW (and most of the time is just the Kenwood D700 by itself).
N3QBI-4 is the weather station that runs UIVIEW 24/7, and I have
remote access to it via the Internet, and N3QBI-4 is the station that
I am interested in getting the NWS messages on.

I am running UIVIEW off of RF, not the APRS server at this time. The
"raw data" I was referring to was what messages I am seeing directly,
either looking under "messages" in UIVIEW or in the "terminal" mode.

So evidently, someone somewhere is gating the NWSCTP messages, and my
station is not hearing them all the time...or that's the conclusion
I've come to.

I am seeing warning areas highlighted OK from the Philly and DC
weather offices all the time, so I assume the program is working OK.

Accessing the APRS-IS server would not be an issue from N3QBI-4, but I
would prefer to see them on RF. However, if I have to, I will set up
UIVIEW to access them from the APRS-IS server.

BTW, I am not using PMAP. I am using the Delorme maps from a few years
ago. That's another issue I will have to tackle sometime, updating the
maps!!

Darrell Lingenfield 3rd
N3QBI