[aprssig] National IGate Coverage Map?

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 10:31:43 EST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com>
> It seems to me that someone went through the effort to put
> together a
 map that showed all of the areas, nationally, that
> were served by
 IGates within a 2-digi range.

> Does such a map still exist?

There was such a plot done for California a couple of years ago, but I
don't recall one for the entire country.   I have plotted all
digipeaters detectable from the APRS Internet stream as of 28 Feb
2007.    The maps are here on my website:

     <http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps>

Thanks, Stephen!  I found a map that came close (all digipeaters on the continent, without regard as to their range).

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV