[aprssig] Kenwood RC-D210 Anyone have it ?

Lawrence Katz (N2TBX) n2tbx at arrl.net
Tue Dec 11 20:40:54 EST 2007

Hi Bob and Rich -

> No, not at all.  When detached from a D710, it is an APRS system
> only.  That is, full APRS functionality of the D710 but without
> ANY radio control or frequency control operation.

I can't seem to find any information on the "RC-D210", just the "RC-D710".
>From what I've read, it looks like the RC-D710 will act as a full-featured
replacement control head for the V71A when used with a PG-5J interface box
and add TNC/APRS features to the radio.  I have also read that if you have
an older radio, such as a V7A, you might be able to also use it as long as
you have the PG-5J.

I don't know if anyone has tried any of this yet though :)

Here's one of the URLs that seems to have good information:

http://www.hamradio.co.uk/acatalog/Kenwood_TM-V71E_Accessories.html

73,
Lawrence
N2TBX