[aprssig] Kenwood RC-D210 Anyone have it ?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 11 20:16:17 EST 2007

Regarding the D710 Display Head:

> a) Is it available?
> b) Does anyone have one and have any reviews?

Anyone with a D710 radio has one.  The display-head-only product
is the same control head (I think) but comes with the right
cable and fuse to properly connect it externally to 12 volts.

> c) MOST OF ALL- Will the RC-D210 give me full
> front pannel capabilities or at least full
> display for frequency and settings?

No, not at all.  When detached from a D710, it is an APRS system
only.  That is, full APRS functionality of the D710 but without
ANY radio control or frequency control operation.

Good exampple of use is for when you remove it from the car to
keep some druggie from bashingout your windows to steal it, you
can take it in your pocket along with your old Icom-2AT (or any
other 2m HT) indoors and continue to operate APRS...

Bob, WB4APR