[aprssig] KPC-3+ 383 Problem

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Dec 11 12:41:05 EST 2007

Richard KC0RNP wrote...

> Do you really need UIDIGI ON WIDE4-4,WIDE5-5,WIDE6-6,WIDE7-7

That is to trap long paths. It will give one hop to beacons with a
WIDE4-4 etc. path and they will end there. However, the recommendation
is to allow WIDE7-7 in case someone ever really needs a long path.

Note that Travis also said...

> UIFLOOD AR,30,ID
> UITRACE WIDE,30

The UIFLOOD AR,30,ID  is so it will do SSn-n (state flooding) and the
UITRACE,WIDE,30 is to allow it to respond to WIDEn-N.

Take a look at http://nwaprs.info/widen-n.htm ad I think you will see
that the settings that Travis is using are the currently accepted ones -
except he is trapping WIDE7-7. However, it never hurts to look and
question. It means that you are learning!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH