[aprssig] Waypoints to GPS Receiver: Navigation

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Aug 27 22:02:34 EDT 2007

Scott N1VG wrote...

> Guess I'll have to provide some 24x24 symbols as well.  Did you turn
> on the CUSTSYM option on the T2-135?  On the units I've tested,
> those symbols show up in place of the ones that are by default just
> blue dots. You *should* be able to chose them for waypoints.

I know it shouldn't take too long to get a connector on the end of the cable
from the GPS, but I probably won't get to it for another couple of days or so.
I'll turn CUSTSYM on and try it out when I have the cable ready.

I've been chatting with a friend that has a D7. He tried connecting his 60CSx
but he ended up with a new waypoint every time a position report was heard.
The T2-135 was a lot more civilized when I tried it with a 76S. One waypoint
per station instead of a whole set of "breadcrumbs" from many waypoints from a
moving station. I don't know if there's a setting in the D7 to prevent what
I'm describing, but that's what my buddy got when he tried it.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH