Using the D700 without the control head. (Was RE: [aprssig] "Best" Mobile APRS Radio & TNC

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 21:42:11 EDT 2007

   Thanks Ken.

   Skimming too fast, I missed that part.
   It appears to be the same response you get when you
disconnect the head while running.  It takes several
seconds to realize the head is gone and turns off.
    It does power up the next time power is applied,
with ther head connected, with everything as it was
when the head was disconnected.

  I do this, and NO I haven't blown it up ... yet.

73, Steve, K9DCI